What will this course explain?
This course will cover key areas and provide you with a broad knowledge source to improve your overall understanding of cancer. It will:
- Help you to understand why cancer can be found in many places of the body
- Explain why knowledge of different cell types help identify where certain types of cancer are more likely.
- Teach you why cancer has the ability to move and grow away from the primary site of origin.
- Give you a clear understanding of the methods of spread, such as local invasion, lymphatic and blood spread, seeding and transcoelomic spread
- Help you to understand how disease progression will influence patient management
- Explain the way that tumours are classified with specific consideration of staging and grading systems
- Teach you about the treatment options available for a patient with cancer
Particularly suitable for anyone working with cancer information and data in all formats.
Recent attendees include:
- Cancer network Directors
- Cancer data collectors
- MDT co-ordinators
- Service improvement facilitators
- Audit staff
- Cancer Research network staff,
- Cancer Research UK staff
- Pharmaceutical agency staff
- Cancer registry staff
- Independent medical research companies.
How much does it cost?
NHS/Charity rates availalke. Early bird available on most courses.
For more information please contact David O'Halloran
M: 07736 065811.
To discuss the possibility of holding a course like this in your area then feel free to contact us.
* For in-house courses the cost is conditional on the host to provide the venue and refreshments for the duration of the course.
All London based course command an extra 'London weighting' cost. See booking form for more details.
For the timetable follow the link.